Saturday 9 April 2011

Proposal:

I have written two types of questionnaire, quantative and qualitative, that I will give to a range of people of different ages and gender. I have chosen 16 people in total, a random selection of family and friends. I will send the questionnaires via email so it will be quick and easy for the participants to fill out.

By conducting my questionnaires, I want to find out how many times people go to the cinema, in particular which type of cinema they prefer (mainstream or independent) and if certain age groups enjoy specific genres. I would also like to know which method of viewing films (e.g. cinema, TV and DVD) is most popular and if there is a link between how audiences prefer to watch films and how they find out about them. And because the film we have made for this project is a thriller, my main reason for scrutinising the genre will be to see if the Thriller genre is popular amongst today’s society.

My predictions are that younger female audiences will prefer fantasies and romantic-comedies, whereas younger males will like action, horrors and science fiction. Older audiences will prefer to see films at Cinema City or watch them at home on DVD, where it is more comfortable, whereas younger people will prefer the excitement of the larger and more sociable venues such as Vue and Odeon cinemas.

1 comment:

  1. Good. The proposal clearly sets out your intentions.

    ReplyDelete